In article <2049568.4HsipfqAXp@kitterma-e6430> you write:
>To start with, you'll have to explain why receivers should trust a sender to
>not lie about where they got the mail from in an ARC header field if they
>don't
>already trust the sender.

If you're suggesting that ARC is only useful when you already trust
the forwarding party, and if you trust the forwarding party, why do
you need ARC, yeah, that's been pointed out before.

The best explanation I've seen was from someone at Google who said
that they often see well behaved lists suddenly start to send spam
when a spambot happens to send mail that fakes a subscriber's return
address.  ARC would make it somewhat easier to tell when that happens.

R's,
John