Peter,

My records show that you purchased the original Y-BOX v1.3, which requires
an Elecraft AUX cable from Y-BOX to amp.  (The Y-BOX v2.x and v3.0 Y-BOXs
allow any DE-15 M/F non-VGA cable to be used instead of the Elecraft AUX
cable).

The easiest solution, if your electrician can snake a cable with the molded
DE15 connectors through the wall, is to insert a 25' M/F 15-pin extension
cable like this one *in series with your AMP AUX cable*.

https://cablesondemand.com/15-pin-hd-d-sub-cable-hd15/15-pin-hd15-deluxe-hd-d-sub-cable-copper-shielded-male-female-cs-dsdhd15mf0-025

This will achieve the proper electrical connections, though at 31' total
length you may be at the limit of the maximum AUX cable length that will
work reliably.

Another option is to have your Electrician wire a pair of SHIELDED
"Ethernet" CAT6 (8-wire) outlets between shack and basement, with RJ-45
jacks mounted to the wall.  Wiring two pairs of outlets at each end will
allow both Elecraft AUX *and *Ethernet connections to the amp from
upstairs, providing a good connection for the KPA1500 Remote software
running on a PC upstairs.  But, KPA1500 firmware updates (rare these days)
will still require a direct USB connection to the amp.

If using RJ-45 jacks (something Electricians regularly install), I can make
you a custom DE15M to RJ45 shielded cable to reach from Y-BOX to the wall
jack, and a second RJ45 to DE15F cable from basement wall jack to the AMP
AUX.  Only 8 pins out of the 15 will be connected, but that will be
sufficient.  I could theoretically make a USB to RJ45 cable that would
allow USB connection to the amp. for firmware updates, but the theoretical
maximum length if USB 2.0 is about 15', so that may not work well at all.

73,
Bob, N6TV
https://bit.ly/Y-BOX