Did you grab communication from *both* CAN buses?
The Leaf's Battery Controller (LBC) communicates via the VCM which is
connected to both the EV CAN bus and the normal CAN bus, to the
Combination Meter, which is supposed to hold the key that is paired to
the LBC. So some communication spills over from one CAN bus to the
other. Both are available on the OBD (Data Link) connector. Without a
dump from both, it is hard to tell what would disable/enable the Leaf
since only half the communication can be seen.
Here is a full list of everything connected to the two CAN buses on a
2011 Leaf, you see that the VCM is the spider in the web of the two
buses:

EV CAN bus:
Data Link Connector (13,12)
LBC (BMS 1,2)
VCM (9,13)
traction motor inverter (12,19)
Electric Shift Control (31,32)
A/C Amp (28,29)
TCU (9,10)
Charger (19,20)

"normal" CAN bus:
Data Link COnnector (6,14)
IPDM (27,26)
Combination Meter (19,18)
VCM (25,29)
BCM (39,40)
ABS actuator and control (22,9)
Intelligent Brake Unit (43,42 41,40) (double wired to bus)
Parking Brake (16,8)
Airbag Controller (59,60)
AV control unit (26,25)
EPS (2,1)
Steering Angle Sensor (5,2)

The numbers at the end in braces are pin numbers on the unit, the first
number is the wire going to CAN-High, the second number to CAN-Low.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.