I have a Leaf (fully assembled and my daily driver)
and I have two LBC's in my truck, each managing one Leaf pack
and I have wired the two CAN buses to the dash, so it would be feasible
to disconnect only the CAN bus of a Leaf parked next to the truck, bring
the CAN bus to one of the LBCs (both at 2011 as is my Leaf) and see what
the incorrect response tells us.
BTW, there should be a trigger coming from the VCM just before the
answer from the LBC, since the LBC does not know when to report its
status, unless it is triggered by the power up of the IGN line to the
LBC but that seems unlikely, it makes more sense that the VCM
interrogates the LBC with an identity and the LBC confirms. The original
trigger may come from the Combination Meter, as I was told that removing
the Combination Meter will remove the Limp mode on a Leaf with the wrong
battery.

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Proxim Wireless

office +1 408 383 7626                    Skype: cor_van_de_water
XoIP   +31 87 784 1130                    private: cvandewater.info

http://www.proxim.com

This email message (including any attachments) contains confidential and
proprietary information of Proxim Wireless Corporation.  If you received
this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  Any
unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution, or copying of any part of
this message is prohibited.