Thanks for the interesting comments in this thread, but it isn't about Tesla
as a business, or Teslas as cars that owners like.  It's about the future of
EVs.

We're seeing political trends in much of the world, especially the US and
Europe, that may slow or even reverse progress in EV adoption.

Now one of the early drivers of that progress, Tesla, has announced that we
should henceforth think of them as an AI and robotics company.

You can read the exact words here:

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2024/04/23/tesla-tsla-q1-2024-
earnings-call-transcript/

or https://v.gd/2HnDwt

They've acted on that statement by literally more than decimating their EV
staff.  They've dismissed *entire departments* devoted to vehicle and
battery development, and EV charging.

This isn't good news for EVs.  I posted it because I think we should be
paying attention.

I've been following EV progress since the 1960s.  I've seen advances and
retreats.  Each time EVs have gotten further before being slapped down.
This latest cycle is the furthest they've progressed, but don't assume that
another reversal is impossible.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     Dime que temes y te dire quien eres. (Tell me what you fear, and
     I'll tell you who you are.)

                                                   -- Spanish proverb

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/