hi everybody,

i noticed that my 1 gig of ram is getting filled up real quick, which may be
okay since i'm running a lot of programs.
BUT it doesn't come down again even when i close the programs... memory use
just grows and grows (slow but steady), then beginns to fill up the swap
space...

i hope you don't rip my head off for this, but that behaviour seems a little
window-esque to me...
granted, its a lot slower than on a windows box.

is there anything i can do to optimise garbage collection ?

tnx!
lukas