On Tuesday 18 November 2003 12:31 pm, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 November 2003 06:08 am, Adolfo Bello wrote:
> > I have read about some problems when using more than 768 Mb
> > ram and the advise has always been passing "mem=860" at the
> > lilo prompt or in lilo.conf.
>
> Or use the Enterprise kernel.

    Most reports are that the system will preform better with the
regular kernel, and passing 'mem=860M' (or 880M) .... than using
>= 1 gig or ram and the enterprise kernel. The 'bigmem' memory
addressing scheme the enterprise kernels use imposes a
performance hit. This has been mentioned off and on on the cooker
and lkml lists. It's also been my experience.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas