Hello Thomas,

My advice was only to fix the obvious mistake regarding the TempCacheLimit.
In general, I don't see a problem in high traffic to /tmp, and I don't understand why do you think sorting queries produce the problem - and even if they produce, the first attempt would be to identify such queries with TempSpaceLogThreshold (it works in HQbird only) and then fix them with index/disabling index, restructuring it, etc.

As another short advice:
1) I need to say that tuning of 2.5 SuperClassic and 3.0 SuperClassic is different, and, at least, I would recommend to a) put DefaultDBCachePages to databases.conf b) allocate 25% of RAM at the first step, then increase it by 10-20%.

2) Migration 2.5 - > 3.0 requires at least clean metadata (isql -x > metadata.sql on 2.5, isql -i metadata.sql on 3.0 should not give errors), I hope you tested it, and, also, 3.0.4 have different optimization, so some queries can start to work slower, and thorough testing is required.

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon