Hey Alexey Its not that I see high traffic to /tmp as a problem, I was just
worried that it was becoming a bottleneck in our system. Great to know that
HQbird has a way of tracking these qureys, I have already been looking into
HQbird especially because of prepared statements.

 Regarding the upgrade to Fb 3 SuperServer, a complete restore of production
database to Fb 3 have already been made in our dev envioment last week without
problems, and for almost a year dev, test and preprod have been running Fb 3,
so i am quite comfortable in that regard. We have also uses FB TraceManager to
weed out bad queries, and procedures and triggers recompile without errors.
 My only concern is that I somehow configures Fb 3 in a way that results in
worse performance that our current 2.5 installation.

 The server is a dedicated Firebird server with a single database, does this
change your recommendation to allocate 25% RAM for DefaultDBCachePages? My
initial estimate was based on your presentation at this years Firebird
conference(20_tuninglinux.pdf page 28)

 Thomas Kragh

  • [firebird-support... kragh.tho...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [firebir... Alexey Kovyazin a...@ib-aid.com [firebird-support]