El día Saturday, November 01, 2008 a las 04:34:38PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar
escribió:

> >I tried using it but Desktop view window that was initially created when I
> >first launched kde4 doesn't appear with the second launch.
> >I believe KDE4 isn't ready yet.
> >
> >Anyone can use it without major annoyances?
>
> the question should be "Is KDE usable at all on any OS?"
> the answer is no, it's crappy imitation of windoze.
>
> If someone needs windoze like soft, just buy windows vista.
>
> For someone who need unix, FreeBSD is a good choice.

I disagree concerning "KDE && windoze"; I'm using KDE 3.5.8 and it is a very
good and stable desktop, even for kernel folks and hackers; I run it
with FreeBSD 7.0R on my daily work laptop;

In August I've ported in a test machine from the ports KDE 4.1.0 and it
was to unstable for daily usage, at least at this time;

        matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH