On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Bruce Cran <br...@cran.org.uk> wrote:
> On 10/14/2013 6:16 PM, CeDeROM wrote:
>> Isn't there Journal to prevent and reverse such damage?
>
> Unlike other journaling filesystems, UFS+J only protects the metadata, not
> the data itself - i.e. I think it ensures you won't have to run a manual
> fsck, but just like plain old UFS files may be truncated as the journal is
> replayed.

Thank you for explaining :-) So it looks that it would be sensible to
force filesystem check every n-th mount..? Or to do a filesystem check
after crash..? Are there any flags like that to mark filesystem
unclean and to force fsck after n-th mount? That would assume
disabling journal and soft updates journaling I guess..?

What would be the best option for best data integrity in case of
crash? That would be helpful for development systems I guess :-)