On 10/14/2013 7:33 PM, CeDeROM wrote:
Thank you for explaining :-) So it looks that it would be sensible to
force filesystem check every n-th mount..? Or to do a filesystem check
after crash..? Are there any flags like that to mark filesystem
unclean and to force fsck after n-th mount? That would assume
disabling journal and soft updates journaling I guess..?

What would be the best option for best data integrity in case of
crash? That would be helpful for development systems I guess :-)

As I understand it UFS+J gives the same reliability as UFS with a normal fsck after a crash, so on a development system the only ways to improve the situation would be to mount with the 'sync' option, disable write caching on the disk or to switch to a different filesystem like ZFS.

--
Bruce Cran