[..]

Liam Proven wrote:
> Whoah. Not correct. Not possible.
>
> LTS releases can be upgraded directly to the next LTS release (and
> nothing else.)
>
> Interim releases only to the next interim release. If that is then an
> LTS, then you can go LTS->LTS.
>
> So, the only choices for 18.04 are to 18.10 (now long dead) or to 20.04.
>
> Then, from 20.04 the OP could go to 22.04... and for now, that's it.
> 24.04 isn't out yet.

Well, whatever the process is to move from "old Lubuntu" to "new Lubuntu."

I run Fedora and whenever the new version comes out, I backup my data,
nuke and reinstall. But then again, I tend to install packages here
and there to experiment with over time - I'm not interested in
carrying forward some tool or program I installed 4 months ago and
used for a week. So completely reinstalling works well for me (even
though they have an "upgrade" process).