Hi,

Since you said, the source code is about 640MB and is on an old XP machine….

Why not just boot the FreeDOS Live CD, enable LFN support by installing the
driver to the Live Environment and running it.

Then install the compiler to the Live Environment.

Then just compile the source directly from the hard disk drive.

Or, just create a 2GB hard drive for QEMU and put the OS, sources and any
needed software on that drive. Then compile it in the VM.

I don’t understand why those are not viable options. I must be missing
something.

Jerome