On Friday, 10 May 2013 at 15:48, Pete Forsyth wrote:
> Well said, Fluff. I actually don't think the verification is necessary in a
> case like this; there's no compelling reason to suspect the person is lying
> about her identity. And given the scale of how many files are proposed for
> deletion in a day, I don't think we can afford to set the bar so high that it
> requires OTRS in a straightforward case like this.

In the case of the Stollzow case, I'd exercise a little caution only because
she's from the skeptic community and there's been a lot of back-and-forth about
feminism and gender equality in that community. It wouldn't put it past people
to sock to nominate women skeptics for deletion.

It'd be nice if we had OTRS agents more active in Commons who could proactively
deal with these kinds of things.

(They might be made to feel as welcome as Christians in lion enclosures, but
that's another matter...)

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>