Hi Kevin,

My apologies it was Carol Moore responding to Sarah Stierch earlier on, I
mentioned it from memory,
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/2014-June/004397.html

This was was the quote, which I ought to have looked it up first:
> I was once blocked for a week for asking an editor whether his overwhelming
> history of editing in articles about bondage of females was related to his
> obvious and annoying harassment of me on a noticeboard, after which I
> mentioned the issue on the Wikia Feminism page which I thought was a part of
> Wikipedia (duh).  The latter evidently was the bigger "no no".

As for the top-down thing, there's an old joke I know:
> A man's driving along and he pulls up near a field and asks the farmer for
> directions, and the farmer says, "Well I wouldn't start from here if I were
> you."

I was really just musing that there have been so few women editors for such a
long period of time on Wikipedia that the structure of administrators / senior
administrators / foundations / boards etc. is quite striking. If Wikipedia had
its time over with 50:50 male to female ratio I wonder if it would look quite
like that.

Marie