Gosh, I did make a pig's ear out of it didn't I. I didn't realize the list had
two Sarahs on it.

Third time lucky....

In a discussion about off-Wiki mentions of editors, I was making a comparison
between Carol Moore's suspension which she mentioned here
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/2014-June/004397.html  in answer
to SlimVirgin (aka Sarah), in which Carol said:

> "questioning behavior too aggressively off wikipedia evidently remains a no
> no. I was once blocked for a week for asking an editor whether his
> overwhelming history of editing in articles about bondage of females was
> related to his obvious and annoying harassment of me on a noticeboard, after
> which I mentioned the issue on the Wikia Feminism page which I thought was a
> part of Wikipedia (duh).  The latter evidently was the bigger "no no"."

...and some of the stuff in an article on A Voice for Men's website.

The third paragraph of this message
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/2014-June/004409.html therefore
should have read (correction in capital letters):
> I entered "Wikipedia" and "male rights activists" and got this
> http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/fighting-wikipedia-corruption-censorship/
>  which has a comments section at the bottom with current Wikipedia members
> mentioning other Wikipedia editors by name and talk of a great conspiracy at
> work against them, if CAROL was suspended for her off-site comments then how
> is this permissible?

And LtPowers point that Wikipedia may simply not know is correct. Perhaps,
editors just have to run the gauntlet / try and recruit more women / be a bit
more pro-active about looking for and reporting off-wiki activities which break
the rules and not just leave it to moderators. With that in mind I have
reported the article to WP:ANI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Incidents#Off-wiki_comments.2C_possible_multiple_policy_infringements

Marie