Hi Emily,

I appreciate your good intentions and your desire to point out the
ways in which many different kinds people are harmed and oppressed.
Just so you know, when you do it in the context of people talking
about ways that women are specifically harmed and oppressed in the
context of Wikimedia projects, it comes across as derailing:

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Derailment

That is, as a result of comments like these, we end up having a
discussion about something other than women's participation in
Wikimedia projects. When this happens frequently, people end up
feeling discouraged from bringing up topics like "There is a lot of
misogyny in these comments, is there anything we can do about it?"
because they know they are likely to get a response of, "Men/people of
color/other oppressed groups have this happen to them too." I know it
is not your intention to shut down discussion about women in Wikimedia
projects, but that's often the effect of comments like these.

-VAL