Hi,

Following up on a conversation on the gendergap email list, I am discussing
with Freenode the possibility of changing the default web client to one
that is friendlier and has a less technical feel, primarily for the benefit
of new users who access #wikipedia-en-help by clicking on a link. The
likely candidate for a new IRC client is Kiwi. If Freenode wants to
maintain their current default web client we can still use Kiwi if we run
it on Wikimedia pages. Would WMF or the volunteer dev community be willing
to implement this? If so, is filing a Bugzilla bug the best way to get the
wheels of progress to turn?

Pine