> On Dec 21, 2021, at 9:22 PM, 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But in my experience, first, the log4j12 bridge is not perfect. For
> example, since hadoop is still on log4j 1.x, I need to add log4j12 bridge
> dependency if I want to run UTs based on hadoop mini cluster, and then I
> need to manually copy some code from log4j1 in order to make it work, this
> is an example
>
> https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/master/hbase-logging/src/test/java/org/apache/log4j/FileAppender.java
>
> I know in the bridge you will create log4j2 appender instead when reading
> the configuration file of log4j1, but since the appenders in log4j1 lack of
> some abilities, it is common that lots of projects will implement their own
> appender, I think we should take care of these usages and make them migrate
> smoothly.

I do not know if you are aware but the experimental support we added a few
releases ago should
be able to use Log4j 1 Appenders in Log4j2. It is experimental simply because
we have no idea what wild
and crazy things uses are relying on in Log4j 1 since nothing was private. We
need user feedback.

> And then, while fully migrating to log4j2, there is another annoying
> problem, the
>
> log4j.rootLogger=INFO,console
>
> grammar is gone! It is used among almost all the projects I've seen, and we
> just drop the support for it!

Again, support for Log4j 1 configuration files is part of the experimental
support. We finally received
our first bug report on it so someone is using it.

Ralph