Hi Justin,

> The issue is not if it in the release package or not, it cannot be a
> dependency.

Could you please elaborate more about "dependency"? I can imagine the
following use cases:

1. the project hardly depends on mysql-connector, w/o mysql-connector,
the project can not work totally.
2. some optional functionalities of the project require
mysql-connector, w/o mysql-connector, the project still works.
3. the project use mysql-connector for testing-only purpose,
mysql-connector is not required in runtime at all, e.g. the project
implements MySQL transport protocol, it uses mysql-connector for
testing to ensure compatibility.

Are the above use cases allowed/forbidden by the apache project?

Thanks,
Cheng Pan