> On 26 Mar 2017, at 03:57, Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
>
> In the next few weeks I need to move my email server (a very old Gentoo
> installation) from the closet in my home, into the cloud so that I can go
> travelling and access my mail from anywhere.

A few months ago I asked for hosting recommendations, and was surprised not to
receive any mention of Amazon's cloud services.

I thought reason might be that Amazon's cloud servers are different from a
regular VM, but today saw someone on the Postfix list state that they're
running it on an AWS instance.

Has anyone tried running Gentoo on AWS or did this go unmentioned because it's
impossible?

Stroller.