John Runyon <m...@jfr.im> writes:

> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 10:08:41PM -0400, Harry Putnam wrote:
>> In the course of about 2 hrs my connections were dropped at least 15
>> times and I think probably more.  At some points I have more than one
>> login going, and I noticed if I left one idle for a few minutes it
>> would b dropped when I next attemtpted to use it... I mean really a
>> few minutes like 3 or so.
>>
> No issues that you've observed with other providers? Which location were
> you in? I've used Linode for years and never had issues (other than on
> certain connections where I need to enable keepalives due to my end
> closing it). But I've mostly stuck to their DFW location.

I do have a shell account on a server in Pittsburg area (jtan.com) that
I've had for yrs... Not my own vm.  Just an account on actual
hardware.  I've stayed connected to them for a week at a time a few
times. I do experience the odd drop now and then with them.

I've since closed out the linode account etc, but I was connecting
from the Atlanta GA area if that tells you anthing about where there
operation was.  Come to think of it, I did see something about Fremont
Calif.

It would not suprise me to learn that it was all happening on my end.
I'm on a Comcast Cable modem/router connection.

>> Remains to be seen how they respond.  I only turned my trouble ticket
>> 7 minutes ago.
>>
> Their support is usually pretty quick and pretty customer-service-y. I'd
> be surprised if they didn't refund you in full (or at least pro-rated).

Yes, it is quick and all taken care of shortly after I posted the
note.

So they get an A rating from me for customer support.

But whatever the reason for getting dropped like that... just not worth
the hassle.