On 07/04/2024 11:15, Michael wrote:
On Sunday, 7 April 2024 11:00:49 BST Wols Lists wrote:
What do I do here - "emerge binutils" (step 9) wants to emerge gcc,
which the instructions say "emerge AFTER binutils".

With gcc it says "don't let it emerge glibc", should I apply the same
logic and not let binutils emerge gcc?

Cheers,
Wol

Step 1:

Ensure your system backups are up to date. Please also update your system
fully and depclean before proceeding.

Have you done this already after a fresh rsync of portage?

Note that my current profile is marked experimental ...

  [9]   default/linux/amd64/17.1/desktop/plasma/systemd/merged-usr (exp)

and I also have no stable 20 or 22 profiles to upgrade to.

And "emerge --changed-use" gives me nothing to emerge.

thewolery /usr/local/bin # emerge --update --deep --changed-use --newuse @world
Calculating dependencies... done!
Dependency resolution took 21.46 s (backtrack: 0/20).

thewolery /usr/local/bin #

Cheers,
Wol