On Sunday, 7 April 2024 12:04:32 BST Wols Lists wrote:
> On 07/04/2024 11:48, Wols Lists wrote:

> >> Are you still on your original profile, or have you used eselect to
> >> change it
> >> to profile 23.0?
> >>
> >> If the latter, change back to your old profile, update @world,
> >> depclean and
> >> then start with the rest of the migration instructions.
> >
> > Just done that. See my other email.
> >
> > NOTHING TO UPDATE (unless I've messed up my emerge ...)
>
> Interesting ... just done this under the old profile ...
>
> thewolery /usr/local/bin # emerge --ask --oneshot sys-devel/binutils

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> Dependency resolution took 3.19 s (backtrack: 0/20).
>

> Nothing to merge; quitting.
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

Hmm ... something is amiss with your system.  Normally you would get this:

# emerge --ask --oneshot sys-devel/binutils

Calculating dependencies... done!
Dependency resolution took 1.30 s (backtrack: 0/20).

[ebuild   R    ] sys-devel/binutils-2.41-r5

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

Did you emerge any packages using the new 23.0 profile, then went back to the
old profile to run the above command?