On 07/04/2024 11:23, Michael wrote:
On Sunday, 7 April 2024 11:21:00 BST Wols Lists wrote:
On 07/04/2024 11:00, Wols Lists wrote:
What do I do here - "emerge binutils" (step 9) wants to emerge gcc,
which the instructions say "emerge AFTER binutils".

With gcc it says "don't let it emerge glibc", should I apply the same
logic and not let binutils emerge gcc?

Just to follow up to myself, I've just done a complete update, but a lot
of the dependencies are pulled in by "change-use", namely lzma, zstd. Is
that fallout from the XZ debacle? Would a --no-deps be safe?

Cheers,
Wol

Are you still on your original profile, or have you used eselect to change it
to profile 23.0?

If the latter, change back to your old profile, update @world, depclean and
then start with the rest of the migration instructions.

Just done that. See my other email.

NOTHING TO UPDATE (unless I've messed up my emerge ...)

Cheers,
Wol