> On Oct 1, 2023, at 06:00, Derek Atkins <de...@ihtfp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, October 1, 2023 12:00 am, flywire wrote:
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-April/106619.html
>> John wrote:
>>
>>> we don't have a Windows CI action, the nightly builds are done with the
>>> https://github.com/gnucash/GnuCash-on-windows powershell scripts on a
>>> Windows VM in Derek's basement.
>>

>> Derek, Can you make that VM available so I can run it? I'd really like to
>> run Python bindings under Windows.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "make that VM available".  It's just a Win10
> VM with the GnuCash build tools installed.  This particular VM has access
> keys on it that make it difficult to just send you the disk image, if
> that's what you're asking.

You can set up the necessary environment yourself, see
https://github.com/gnucash/gnucash-on-windows/. I'm not sure that the part of
setup-mingw64.ps1 that fills in the installer data still works, but you can do
that part yourself and then run setup-mingw64.ps1 to do the updating and
install the dependencies. Beware, though, that the MSYS2 installer now installs
the UCRT64 environment (see https://www.msys2.org/docs/environments/). I tested
that last week and jhbuild doesn't like it one bit, so you' may need to also
set up the MINGW64 (or MINGW32 if you have the 32-bit version of Windows)
environment if setup-mingw64.psi fails.

Regards,
John Ralls