That would be
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2020-May/045079.html  . I
put too much time into it and sought help a number of times (posts are in
dev over a long period) but nothing useful eventuated.

iirc I'm fairly sure I didn't get the first step configured for powershell.
I was working in much the same environment with other projects at the time,
with the exception of powershell, but I'm out of touch with the build
environment now. I intend to give it another go when I have a heap of spare
time.

A GitHub action would be handy to build it for Windows as required.

Regards