Hi flywire,

Am 2023-10-01 17:47, schrieb john:
On Oct 1, 2023, at 06:00, Derek Atkins <de...@ihtfp.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, October 1, 2023 12:00 am, flywire wrote:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2023-April/106619.html
John wrote:

we don't have a Windows CI action, the nightly builds are done with the https://github.com/gnucash/GnuCash-on-windows powershell scripts on a
Windows VM in Derek's basement.

Derek, Can you make that VM available so I can run it? I'd really like to
run Python bindings under Windows.

I'm not sure what you mean by "make that VM available". It's just a Win10 VM with the GnuCash build tools installed. This particular VM has access
keys on it that make it difficult to just send you the disk image, if
that's what you're asking.

You can set up the necessary environment yourself, see https://github.com/gnucash/gnucash-on-windows/. I'm not sure that the part of setup-mingw64.ps1 that fills in the installer data still works, but you can do that part yourself and then run setup-mingw64.ps1 to do the updating and install the dependencies. Beware, though, that the MSYS2 installer now installs the UCRT64 environment (see https://www.msys2.org/docs/environments/). I tested that last week and jhbuild doesn't like it one bit, so you' may need to also set up the MINGW64 (or MINGW32 if you have the 32-bit version of Windows) environment if setup-mingw64.psi fails.

Did you by any chance try this? I would also be interested to run the Python bindings under windows.

Regards,
Manfred