Gecko? Blink?

I'm sure there was a reason for selecting WebKit originally. Does that still hold true?

Regards,
Adrien

On 11/18/23 10:00 PM, john wrote:
I spent some time this afternoon poking at webkit replacement. The options I
found are:
* Keep using WebKitGtk
* Figure out how to wrap a native (meaning Apple AppKit or Microsoft) WebView
in a GtkWidget
* Send the HTML/JS/CSS to the default browser. This will lose the links to
GnuCash objects like transactions
* Configure a GtkTextView to understand HTML tags. This doesn't support charts,
printing, or PDF export.
* Write reports directly to PDF. There are libraries out there but I didn't
find any FLOSS ones that mention CSS styling or drawing charts in their feature
sets.

Any other ideas?