Hi,

Am 18.12.23 um 16:50 schrieb john:
The simplest (for me, anyway) would be for you to make a Github Pull Request
with the change.

On Dec 18, 2023, at 02:56, Stephan Paternotte <step...@paternottes.net> wrote:

Hello John,

I've contributed to the Dutch translations of GnuCash on weblate for quite some
time already, adding missing translations and revising inconsistencies.
What would it take to be included on the list of Dutch translation contributors
in the About dialogue?

The simplest (for me, anyway) would be for you to make a Github Pull Request
with the change to AUTHORS.

No, ways easier: the About->Credits->Translation content is stored in
msgid "translator-credits".
See https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Adjust_special_messages and as example
https://hosted.weblate.org/browse/gnucash/gnucash/de/?q=translator-credit&sort_by=priority%2C-position&checksum=

Annual task for translators: update the last year of your activity. Ideally this should be done before the first release in a new year.

But you're not the only Weblate contributor who should be credited. We need a
process to collect and maintain the list. Frank Ellenberger, any ideas in that
respect?

Weblate stores all contributors in the file header as comment. The list should appear in reverse order (recent first) in msgid "translator-credits". For privacy reasons without individual email addresses, but another contact address.

I don't know if we really want all translators of all languages in the AUTHORS file.

Regards,
John Ralls

Regards
Frank