> On May 7, 2018, at 7:50 AM, Dennis Powless <claven...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, so I re-read the instruction from David....
>
> I followed the directions from this page....
> https://tutorialforlinux.com/2018/03/13/how-to-create-menu-launcher-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-lts/
>
> And was able to get a menu item.
>
> I was able to run Gnucash 3.1!!!!
>
> It opened my file, seems to be working fine!!!
>
> Thank you ALL for the help!!!
>

> I used the MySQL database, not sure if that was right or not.  No, idea
> what I used on the previous install.

Unless you really know what you’re doing MySQL is not what you want. You can
easily convert it using File>Save As... to the default XML. Unless your
computer has a tendency to crash a lot this is the safest option; if it does
crash a lot SQLite3 combined with a good automatic backup system is safest.
MySQL and Postgresql are suitable only for folks with experience running,
administering,  and especially backing up those servers.

Regards,
John Ralls