David
One thing I noticed in the directions was the need for swig2.0, this was
not available from apt while I was compiling on 18.04 and I had to search
and find the newer version.  While I was getting the dependencies while
running 16.04 I was able to get swig2.0 from apt.

So, may have to note that in the Ubuntu 18.04LTS build directions.

Thanks for the help.

Dennis