Got over aqbanking, found apt-cache search and found several libraries I needed that way. Now, though, I am stuck as follows:

$ export SRCROOT=/home/scohen/github;cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/gnucash $SRCROOT/gnucash
-- Using guile-2.2.x
-- Using guile SRFI-64
-- Checking for GTEST
-- Checking for GMOCK
CMake Error at common/cmake_modules/GncAddTest.cmake:175 (message):
  GMOCK not found.  Please install it or set GMOCK_ROOT
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:601 (gnc_gtest_configure)

GMOCK, I learned from apt-cache is installed from cmake-extras, but I have installed that, so not sure what the answer here is. I've struck out on gmock, gmock-dev, googlemock, googlemock-dev, GMOCK, GMOCK-dev