There will always be non-digital methods of payment.  I use preprinted checks
with GnuCash and my only issue is
that I haven't figured out how to associate an address with a payee - I'm sure
it's there, but....

I will hate it if we can no longer use checks because transacting in cash is
possible but inconvenient.

Jim