QIF importer in Gnucash 5.6 gives me the same error for my credit card
import even though the same file works in Quicken and in Gnucash 5.5.  I
reinstalled Gnucash 5.5.

If I understand your comment corrrectly, the format of the qif file, with
and with the first lines of the sample qif file below, both import into
Gnucash 5.5.  The only difference is you don't have to tell Gnucash which
account to use, it is automatically specified in the first four lines.

!Account
NCredit Card Name
TCCard
^
!Type:CCard
Cc
D03/31/2024
MRestaurants
PStarbucks
T-9.53
^

On Sat, Apr 6, 2024 at 7:21 PM Fross, Michael via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

> Bryan, I believe "something" is purchased when you move money into an IRA.
> For me, it's a money market fund with the share price a constant $1.
>
> Michael
>
> On Sat, Apr 6, 2024 at 5:28 PM Bryan B. <goldenbluesa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've tried several different methods to export a .qif file from quicken
> and
> > import it into GnuCash.
> >
> > The process of importing the file goes fine until I reach the part where
> > the actual import occurs. Then I get this type of message:
> >
> > "Missing QIF investment action for transaction dated 08/31/2023."
> >
> > Upon investigation, it would seem that these transactions are from
> > automated transfers from my bank account to an IRA fund. I believe these
> > are money transfers, where the money is simply transferred without
> > explicitly purchasing a security, and then the security is purchased
> later.
> >
> > When I opened and examined the .qif file, and did some conversation with
> > ChatGPT-4, it would seem that I would have to put a line such as
> > "N***XIn***" for each of the offending transactions. I did try that, and
> > GnuCash still didn't accept those transactions (that I could see).
> >
> > Is anyone familiar with this problem already, or have any ideas on how to
> > solve it?

iii