Bruce, thank you for that excellent reply.

Hoping the best for all the Devs.
-greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Schuck [mailto:bsch...@asgard-systems.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2024 9:39 PM
To: gnucash-user@gnucash.org
Cc: From: Terrence Branscombe; fromvendor
Subject: Re: [GNC] Finance::quote YahooJSON

On 4/11/24 17:29:59 +0000, Greg wrote:

> I'm sure the Dev's are working on it, but do we have any idea what
> happened?  My log shows 401 type errors (Unauthorized) so I thought
> I'd add some diagnostics in case it helps anyone.

> Hoping for some good news (and I'm sure I'm not alone on that).

> I really appreciate this great working mail list and thanks for those
> who devlop/fix/maintain the program.

It's important to note that these APIs are likely not meant for direct
access. Which is why the previous APIs that the YahooJSON.pm all became
unusable at some point. This would be why you cannot find official
documentation for the APIs online like you can for APIs like the
AlphaVantage which limits what you can retrieve for free.

I've had less time to work on F::Q the last few months, so I'm not sure
when I'll be able to either rework the module to use the v8 API or test
and implement Kalpesh Patel's changes. Hopefully in the next week or so,
but if someone else wants to step up and create a pull request at
https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote that would be a great help.

On 4/11/24 12:48:09 -0600 (MDT), Terrence Branscombe wrote:

> I've just noticed that my last stock price update occurred on March
> 28. * 11:11:36 ERROR <gnc.price-quotes> [parse_quotesource_error()]

> Unrecognized Finance::Quote Error Wide character in subroutine entry
> at C:/Strawberry/perl/site/lib/Finance/Quote/Cdnfundlibrary.pm line
> 80.
It appears the format of page Cdnfundlibrary.pm uses to scrape the data
from fundlibrary.com has had major changes. The Fundata.pm module
(idata.fundata.com) has also stopped working for the same reason. See
Issue https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/issues/366 and
discussion https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/discussions/364.

Unfortunately both modules are likely going to be disabled and then
removed from Finance::Quote. The Fool.pm module has also recently
stopped working and it will also be disabled in the next release of F::Q.

Bruce S