Hello, Adrien, and welcome to MusicBrainz!

On 2024-04-14 13:03, Adrien Laveau wrote:
Hello community,

I uploaded 5 years worth of bank account transaction to gnu-cash.

I would like the apply the same transfer information to all the
transactions having the same description and keep applying it automatically
to all future transaction.

It sounds like you want to do two different things:

1. Change the details ("transfer column info") which you have already
   imported into your book file to match your desired contents.
2. Ensure that GnuCash uses your desired contents for future
   transactions which you enter into GnuCash using the "same description".

I don't have easy suggestions for #1, except to go through transactions one by one and correct them. It may be tedious, but you only have to do it once. (I have a difficult suggestion: to edit the GnuCash XML book file. This is dangerous but sometimes effective. It requires skills in working with XML and file formats.)

For #2, GnuCash automatically fills in the contents of a transaction by matching the Description text you type in to the most recent transaction with that same Description text. So, to get new transactions to match your desired content, first edit the most recent existing transaction with that description to match your desired content. Then, when you enter a new transaction, type in the same Description text, and let GnuCash fill in the content from the most recent transaction into your new transaction.

See the /GnuCash Manual/, section 6.2.1. *Entering Directly in the Register Window* <https://gnucash.org/docs/v5/C/gnucash-manual//trans-enter.html#trans-reg-enter> for more information.

Do these future transactions happen one a predictable schedule? You might also find it useful to make Scheduled Transactions to enter them. See the /GnuCash Manual/, section 6.13. *Scheduling Transactions* <https://gnucash.org/docs/v5/C/gnucash-manual//trans-sched.html> for more information on using scheduled transactions.

I found old topics about that saying it had to be done manually. Has it changed?