On Tuesday, April 16th, 2024 at 04:13, Adrien Laveau <adrien.lav...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> Thank you both for your time answering my question.
>
> At the moment my data being in GNC or not is not a big deal.
> I have the CSV/XLS fiel extracts (sadly my banks do not connect with GNC
> online systems).
> It is of the following form :
> Description Amount Date
> DescA xx 2024/03/12
> DescB yy ...
> DescC zz
> DescB ii
> DescB aa
> DescC rr
>
> And I want DescA to go in one transfer, DescB to go in another one and C in
> another one.
> I have understood your method and remember it, but for the moment I cannot
> use it as the
> "initial répartition" is not done.

Thanks for clarifying that.

It would then appear that "fixing up" the data, prior to importing.
is the way to go, as that will be easier than doing so once you have
imported your data into GnuCash.

> And also it does not seem to solve the problem of future transaction witj the
> same description.
> Indeed I plan to regularly get the CSV from sll my accountd and import them
> in GNC and I would
> have expected those new transaction to take the correct transfer action.

Righto, so it's "future imports" from similar data that you are
hoping to have automaically "corrected" and not future entries
added via the register.

Again, I feel that "adjustting" th edata so that the Import does
what you want, is going to be the easiest way forwards.