John,

I run macOS and use Homebrew. How are the user’s running gnc-fq-update? From a
terminal, if you

> cd /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin
> sudo ./gnc-fq-update

it is going to use /usr/bin/perl from the #! line at the top of the script.

But the script uses the perl CPAN module, so maybe there is something in
$HOME/.cpan that is causing trouble?

To answer your actual question, I have

> /usr/bin/perl -e 'print(join("\n", @INC));'
/Library/Perl/5.34/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Library/Perl/5.34
/Network/Library/Perl/5.34/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Network/Library/Perl/5.34
/Library/Perl/Updates/5.34.1
/System/Library/Perl/5.34/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/5.34
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.34/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.34

vs

> which perl
/Users/acount/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.32.0/bin/perl

> perl -e 'print(join("\n", @INC));'
/Users/acount/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.32.0/lib/site_perl/5.32.0/darwin-2level
/Users/acount/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.32.0/lib/site_perl/5.32.0
/Users/acount/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.32.0/lib/5.32.0/darwin-2level
/Users/acount/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.32.0/lib/5.32.0

but - I’m not sure if there are other shell rc file changes that these users
might have that could alter this, or if there are brew installs that could
alter this as well.

I’m happy to help sort this out, but need some more information about the
users’ issues.

Best,

Vince