Phyllis,

I have noticed that it is important to select the best starting point for
your purpose.  I would also save the file before starting.

If you start from an account rrgister and select check all, it only checks
all the transactions in that register.  To check the entire file, start
from the Account tree register or the General Ledger.

Then it is sometimes easy to miss the prigress bar in the lower right
corner of the window.  For a large file it could take several minutes, but
if it has already run, I think it will silently fail to run a second time.
I don't know if there is a way to force it to try again.

Finally, it does not check scheduled transactions or other
non-transactional data such as business features.

From a fellow user, I hope that helps.