Hello Willy,

On 5/13/2016 7:04 PM, Willy Tarreau wrote:
> I don't know, I'm not fond of setting things in the back of the user like
> this. I don't even know if we have other parts that are currently sensitive
> to the locale and which could be affected. Wouldn't it be better to simply
> add this piece of information to the doc instead so that users know if they
> need to specially tweak their locale ?

If we don't call 'setlocale', the tweaks will have no effect and we have
a difference in behavior between this way and the '-- foo/*.cfg',
because the latter will get expended by the shell in the ordered
specified by LC_COLLATE while the new way will order the files as if
LC_COLLATE was set to 'C'.

Unless you are thinking of asking the user through the doc to adapt
their filenames so that they are not affected by the locale differences.

> Do not hesitate to tell me if I'm
> wrong on something, I always try to stay away from locale manipulation
> because I know how painful everything becomes once you start to break the
> fragile equilibrium!

Agree there 100%, but all this is to follow up that we might be changing
the order the files are loaded, so we either address this in the code or
in the docs.

Thanks,
Nenad