În ziua de vineri, 13 mai 2016, la 23:47:07 EEST, Willy Tarreau a scris:
> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:25:28PM +0200, Cyril Bonté wrote:
> > > In the mean time, there may be a -fsomething option to disable a
> > > bogus optimization which causes this, but that's not easy to spot
> > > as it will depend on any side effect of other code :-/
> >
> > I was trying to identify one, and indeed, once I add "-fno-tree-sra", it
> > works as expected.
>
> This one already exists in gcc 4 and 5, so its implementation might be bogus
> in 6. The doc says :
>
>    -ftree-sra
>            Perform scalar replacement of aggregates.  This pass replaces
>            structure references with scalars to prevent committing
> structures to memory too early.  This flag is enabled by default at -O and
> higher.
>
> Thus I suspect that by delaying memory references a bit too much they end
> up completely forgetting to commit the changes :-/

Thank you everyone for the effort to diagnose this.

I've also managed to build 1.6.5 with "-fno-tree-sra" and I confirm that all
seems to be working as expected.

I'll pass the info in this thread to the Arch Linux maintainers.
I don't think they'll go back to gcc 5 but so far the additional flag seems
like the better option.

Regards