Le 17/09/2019 à 15:34, Ted Lemon a écrit :
On Sep 17, 2019, at 9:29 AM, Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petre...@gmail.com <mailto:alexandre.petre...@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Thanks for the reply.  As I do not author the draft, and my
colleague is not subscribed to this list, I paste here his reply to
your question:

It is not really clear if the draft is appropriate to the homenet
wg. One can state that this draft presents a tool/solution
(service yang model) for orchestator to manage the different uCPE
equipment. uCPE eqipment is not regular cpe/homenet device. uCPE
is a host that hosts guest OSs. uCPE is like PC with virtualbox where the VMs are running (VMs such as homenet router,cisco
router, firewall, SD-WAN.)

Thanks.   The question I would ask here is, is it intended that this
 uCPE integrate into a multi-subnet, multi-homed homenet?

Temporary speaking for my colleague, this is what he has to say to the question:

If we are talking, for example, about several IPv6 prefixes that are
learned from muliple ISPs I could suggest that uCPE is transparent in
this case. On the figure below we can see that uCPE connects 2 PHY
ports via virtual Links to the Virtual Ports of VNF. So it is the
VNF(vRouter) that is doing the job. There is example where the
constructor of equipment merges the uCPE NFVIs with router (i find it
as a very particular case).

If we are talking about implementation of babel in the uCPE please
check the figure below. I suppose it is a vRouter that will have this
functionality (not uCPE NFVIs).

P.S. There is a management of NFVIs that maybe could be integrated.
But it is a question if there is an interest to do that.

           +--------------------------------+
           |uCPE                            |
           |                                |
           |                 +--------+     |