Bob Hinden <bob.hin...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > I have read the emails and the draft
<draft-lee-randomized-macaddr-ps-01>.   I am not clear what the goal of the BOF
is.

    > Could the proponents state it clearly?

I can't speak for the proponents, but at the simplest, one could add:
  "how can we do X if the MAC cannot be used as identity"

    > • LAN gateway NAPT forwarding - (PRESENTER TBD)
    > • Static NAPT policies - (PRESENTER TBD)
    > • Persistent DHCP IP address assignments - (PRESENTER TBD)
    > • Device-to-user or group association for malware protection - (PRESENTER
TBD)
    > • Device-to-user or group association for parental controls - (PRESENTER
TBD)
    > • Device-to-user or group association to restrict or authorize unwanted
    > or unverified device connections to the LAN - (PRESENTER TBD)

I don't get the NAPT issue though.
The NAPT issues are because DHCP gave the device a different IP(v4), right?
If you solve persistent DHCP, then you solve those, don't you?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )