> Please consider upgrading. I am not entirely sure if HC 4.2 supports TCP
> keepalive
setting.

Unfortunately, to upgrade HC we need to upgrade Spring to the latest
version which requires Java 8. But, we cannot force our clients to use Java
8 yet.
However, I don't see SO_KEEPALIVE parameter in the lastest Apache HC
javadocs in "The following parameters can be used to customize the behavior
of this class:" section:
https://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/impl/client/DefaultHttpClient.html

Could you please show me example how to set SO_KEEPALIVE parameter in new
versions of Apache HC?

Thanks,
Baratali Izmailov.