Am Dienstag, dem 12.09.2023 um 17:54 +0200 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski:
> Confirms how? HttpClient has always been using JSSE APIs and nothing
> else. Like it does now.

I said the old HttpComponents had their own http classes and if you
look at the code of HttpConnection, it does not extend / use the
java.net.http ones.
It had its own code for stuff which JSSE had classes since JDK 1.1.

I never said that it did not use any JSSE API at all, I just said it
had its own code for http stuff (for which there was already a JSSE
class), looking at that old code that statement is still correct imho.

Torsten