From: "Michael Welch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 5:25 PM
Subject: RE: [IMail Forum] rules.ima

> I am in the magazine publishing industry, and some of our advertisers &
authors send us self-extracting compressed files. I hope our host doesn't
decide to block .exe files.

> I am not an imail owner, but rather a domain administrator at an imail
host. I have been watching the virus-catching threads with interest. It
bothers me that hosts would block particular files as attachments. This
should be on the end user's head, it is not the host's responsibility or
right to block any of my incoming files. I might need and want them.

> One could also argue that they have no right to block spam. After all, how
are my employees going to find out how to visit web sites involving doing
strange things with animals? (In spite of the serious nature of my initial
thoughts, I am not without a sense of humor.)