Yes, Eclipse it is actually losing the added libraries -- hence the
compile errors.

Here is my eclipse.ini  (I am using the "enterprise" distribution).  I
guess, I'll try to see if I can recreated
it with a fresh eclipse download.

-vm
C:/Program Files/Java/jdk10/bin/javaw.exe
-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.4.0.v20161219-1356.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.551.v20171108-1834
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
-showsplash
org.eclipse.epp.package.common