Yes, Devon and Jacquie.

Jean Leader has pointed out:  The first UK National Lacemaking Day was
actually on 14th September 1991 - there’s a report with photos in “Lace"
65
(January 1992).

When I read about this, I wondered why all national lace  guilds could not
agree on a date.  There may be a conflict with some other  holiday dates,
but if we choose a specific Saturday of a month, the  conflict will not be
every year.

We need to think globally.  That way, we could all be committed to the
same day.  Following an agreement, we could consolidate  publicity and
financing, casting an all-encompassing lace net over the  world.

As Jacquie suggests:   The 1st or 2nd Saturday of a month would  perhaps
work better.  September is a fairly decent climate date for  most who would be
out and about at lace demonstration  venues.  Australians and South
Africans:  Please weigh in on this time  of year for you. (your weather in
September would be like the Northern  Hemisphere's weather of early March).
Those
who celebrate people of  prominence in lace history (like St. Catherine's
Day) could still do so, but we  have the very existence of lace to protect for
the future and need to  be unified in our agreement.

Perhaps this could be on the agenda at OIDFA's Congress, and  agreement
would then come by a unified vote - in person - of  representatives from all
nations in attendance?  Arachne could be one  of the information-sharing
vehicles.

There is strength in numbers.  An organized effort might be covered by
media on all continents where there are lace makers, and public  attention
tends to attract the young.  We need to think seriously  about this.

Everyone, please remember to wear a piece of lace when you are out and
about promoting lace making.  Repeating here my old suggestion of a small
lace
doily worn near the shoulder, held in place with a pretty brooch that does
not penetrate lace threads.  It will look like a corsage might.  Be
careful with safety belts in autos, choosing the shoulder not secured by the
shoulder part of the restraining device.  A lace-wearing commitment need  not
be
expensive.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center
In a message dated 6/15/2015 9:54:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,